- Would you like to undertake further education and are looking for a grant?
- Do you want to complete an apprenticeship and need financial support?
- Do you need financial support for the Berufsreifeprüfung (certificate of secondary vocational education), Werkmeisterprüfung (industrial master examination) or similar examinations?
If you live in Vienna, a lack of money should not be a barrier to advancing your career. That’s why waff has a variety of grants available for your further education course.
Promoting career success
Getting ahead in your career often means undertaking further education in order to keep your finger on the pulse. This is frequently associated with costs – and for many people, this is a financial challenge. And so waff also offers financial support for your further education and training alongside information and advice. We would be happy to provide you with quick, straightforward and personalized information about suitable grants.
Provides a grant of up to €3,000 if you:
- want to complete an apprenticeship as a mature student
- would like to have your qualifications acquired abroad recognized in Austria
- want to combine completion of an apprenticeship as a mature student with a course
More information about the Opportunities Cheque
Provides a grant of between €300 and €3,000 if you:
- would like to undertake education and training
- are planning on taking the Matura (certificate of secondary education) or Berufsreifeprüfung (vocational equivalent) or another apprenticeship
- want to take a Meisterprüfung (master craftsperson examination), Werkmeisterprüfung (industrial master’s examination) or Befähigungsprüfung (qualification examination)
More information about the Training Account.
We would be happy to assist you with your further education plans and can help you apply for a grant.
Please note that you should arrange an appointment at the waff Careers and Further Education Advisory Centre in good time.
Skilled Worker Grant
Provides a grant of up to €3,000 if you want to undertake training for a profession where there is a shortage of skilled workers.
More information about the Skilled Worker Grant!
Provides funding for courses that prepare candidates for the final apprenticeship examination for:
- apprentices whose apprenticeship is due to end in a maximum of 12 months
- people whose apprenticeship ended no more than 36 months ago